BERKELEY, Calif. – The California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA) elected its 2020 Board of Directors at its annual meeting on November 21, 2019, at the Claremont Club and Spa.
“As members of the California accommodation industry, our board continues to evolve and reflect the diverse interests of our state,” said Lynn S. Mohrfeld, President and CEO of CHLA. âI know our new leadership will continue to move our industry forward and address the issues that matter most to California hoteliers. “
The board also voted to add Druhv Patel (president and chief operating officer, Ridgemont Hospitality) and Todd Hersperger (vice president, Sunstone Hotel Investors) as new board members and to renew the terms of twelve board members including terms of office expire.
These members are:
- Bhupen Amin, Lotus Hotels & Investments
- Hotels in Laurenne Douglas, Pacific Plaza
- Javier Cano, JW Marriott at LA LIVE
- Paul Gibbs, CHA, Crowne Plaza LAX
- Vipul Dayal, Days Inn San Francisco Airport West
- Jon Handlery, CHA, Handlery Hotels, Inc.
- James Lim, CHA, Omni San Francisco Hotel
- Hee Won Lim, Hotel Pacific Palms
- RJ Mayer, Jr., The Robert Mayer Company
- John Spear, Hotel Drisco
- Pragna Patel-Mueller, Samata Management, Inc.
- Scott VandenBerg, Hyatt Regency Sacramento
In response to the strong board participation, Mohrfeld noted, âThe diversity and reinvestment of our board of directors in the accommodation industry allows us to anticipate the challenges of the future, while ensuring that we address the pressing issues of today. I am excited to see how the Board of Directors and members of CHLA can shape 2020. â
About the California Hotel & Lodging Association
The California Hotel and Lodging Association is the primary resource and spokesperson for more than 6,000 hotels, motels and boutique inns in California employing more than 235,000 workers. CHLA, established in 1893, is the largest association in the state accommodation industry in the country and is a partner of the American Hotel & Lodging Association. For more information, visit www.calodging.com.